Tuesday 24 March 2015

Digipak update 1

I have chosen my front cover image. Normally, rock bands tend to either have an album cover where their logo is simply enough to sell the album, such as The Arctic Monkeys' album 'Suck it and See'.
This won't work for us, as they were an established band when this album came out, so their recognisable logo and style was enough to market the album. However, some rock bands use images related to the band or images related to one of their songs on the album, as their album cover. Some prime examples of this are: Mallory Knox's 'Asymmetry' album has the band's logo lined up asymmetrically on the front cover, thus linking to the album title.

This is the approach I am going for. So I have chosen this image for my front cover:
 
The wheel represents youth and is referenced in our music video as past memory. This means that my front cover is interlinked with the music video, but also stays true to the conventions of rock band album covers by having an image either linked to the band or the album; in my case it references the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment