Thursday 26 March 2015

Website update 5

I have finished my website, but here is where I got my inspiration from.

My background inspiration came from my research and the backgrounds of The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys and Mallory Knox's websites. They all used the colour of the latest albums or of their logos, as their backgrounds, in which I have also done; in my case I have used the red from the logo as my background.


For my news page I have been inspired by The Strokes' website, where each new bulletin has an image to accompany it with.

My merchandise store is based on that of Mallory Knox. They used a range of items in their store, and I used this as my inspiration.

I also included a link to twitter and facebook on each item, so people could post their purchase on their own social media, just like Mallory Knox did. I marketed my website much like The Strokes do. They use banners on their website to promote new merchandise and I have done this as well.

 I have also taken inspiration from all the websites I have researched and have: made social media accounts, promoted the new album frequently, used language such as "MERCH" (Mallory Knox's website) and "TEE" (The Strokes' website) and posted images and videos of the band on my website. I have also created a lyrics section on my 'Music' page. This was something I found on one of my research website, Catfish and the Bottlemen. They uploaded an image of the original lyrics sheet they worked on, when they were producing their album. I have tried to incorporate this in my website, by including a hand written lyrics sheet for 'Someday' on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment