Thursday 26 March 2015

Final Digipak

This is my final Digipak:

 Front Cover:
My front cover is based on the conventions of rock band album covers, where the image is either representative of the band or of the content on the album. I took inspiration form Mallory Knox's 'Asymmetry', where the image on the front is asymmetrical and has a direct link to the album. In my case the wheel represents youth, in the sense it is like a fairground wheel. Yet, it also is related to the content of the Someday music video.

Mallory Knox 'Asymmetry' Front Cover:


Back Cover:

My back cover took inspiration from The Strokes' back cover to 'Is This It'. It is conventional to have an image of the band in a rock Digipak, and typically this either occurs inside or on the back of the album. I saw that if someone was to pick up my album in a store, the first two things they look at are the front and back covers. Thus, having an image of the band is necessary when the front is album art, as the fans get an image of their role models. I liked The Strokes' back cover as it summed up the band's image - cool and stylish, and this is what I thought this image did for us.

The Strokes 'Is This It' Back Cover:
Lyrics page:
I based my lyrics page on the Arctic Monkeys' lyrics page in their album 'Humbug'. They used an image of the band accompanied by the lyrics, and I saw this as effective as I could relate my image to the song. I used the image of us throwing stones into the sea as a symbol of youth, thus having a direct link to lyrics for Someday and the themes of the past and growing up.

The Arctic Monkeys 'Humbug' lyrics page:
Inside cover:
For this I just followed the colour scheme of my previous covers and used an image of the band, as to make it more personal for our fans.
CD:
For my CD disc I took inspiration from the Arctic Monkeys' 'Whatever People Say I am, That's What I am Not'. The disc from this album is related to the front cover of the album. I did the same with mine. My disc is related to my album cover, in the sense that it is related to the content of the Someday music video and again is a symbol of youth. The colours remain the same as all my other covers, and the logo, album and the record label are conventions for a CD disk.




The image of the man smoking on the front, is referenced again on the CD as conveyed by the image of cigerettes.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment